Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the questions that we’re often asked and their answers. If you can’t see your question here, please don’t hesitate to contact us
Q: What is BrokerEngine?
BrokerEngine is a new kind of software called a Broker Operating System (BrokerOS™️) that has been designed with one goal in mind: powering the growth of your mortgage brokerage.
Most mortgage aggregator software will allow you to submit loans and manage compliance, but it won’t help you grow your practice.
BrokerEngine uses advanced automation and workflows to automatically trigger tasks, communications and teamwork, from lead management, right through to after settlement.
Powerful Broker Wizards capture all key data in one place, then distribute it to wherever it is needed throughout the deal.
Fiddly and laborious tasks such as creating detailed compliance notes, loan presentation documents and client advices are dramatically streamlined.
As a result, brokers can focus on their highest value tasks like generating more business, finding solutions for clients or simply enjoying more time off.
Q: How are you different from other mortgage broker software products?
After working in the industry for 15+ years and interviewing hundreds of brokers, we discovered that most brokers describe legacy software products in one of 3 ways:
- a clunky aggregator platform that will enable you to submit deals for approval, but won’t help to grow your business
- a generic software platform that has been “shoe-horned” into the mortgage broking industry
- a third party solution that solves only part of the puzzle, but leaves you with giant holes to fill
BrokerEngine has been designed to completely fill these gaps.
- It’s easy and intuitive to use.
- It’s been designed from the ground up by a broker, for brokers.
- It is highly customisable: we map to your processes, not the other way around
- It is constantly in development, with new features added at least every quarter
With over 2,000+ users, BrokerEngine is used by a growing share of Australian brokers who are seeking greater efficiencies and better customer service.
Q: What kind of brokers do you work with?
We work with a wide range of brokers, from one-person firms, right up to some of the largest broker groups in the country.
BrokerEngine usually makes the most sense for brokers who are working as part of a team (e.g. other brokers, parabrokers, loan administrators, VAs or other assistants).
If you’re already writing plenty of business and are completely happy with your income, stress levels and work-life balance — then you may not need BrokerEngine.
But if you’re the type of person who is always looking to work more efficiently and get more results in less time, then we may well be a fit.
Q: What is the business case for BrokerEngine?
BrokerEngine is an investment in your practice. The obvious question is, what do you get for your investment, and is it worth it?
There are a number of sources of value that BrokerEngine users experience, including but not limited to:
- Significant time savings: every loan is much quicker to set up and delegate. Time consuming tasks such as document collection can be easily delegated. Smart Broker Wizards do much of the “heavy lifting” for you. Effortless teamwork is enabled. All these things save you a LOT of time on every deal (most of our users say 5 to 10 hours per deal).
- More time for higher-value work: most brokers are at their most productive and happiest when they are either finding more clients, sitting in front of clients, or providing expert credit advice. And yet much of the day can get swallowed up in lower-value admin and “project management” tasks. When your time is freed up, you can do more of what you love to do and more of what makes money.
- Better client experience: clients want everything to go smoothly, they want to be kept in the loop, and they don’t want any surprises. BrokerEngine makes all these things happen.
- More client referrals: happy clients refer more often. BrokerEngine also has referral marketing campaigns embedded into the workflows. So clients are proactively asked for referrals each and every time you write a loan, not just when you remember.
- Lower stress: when you’re not quite sure where a deal is at… or if a critical task has been done… or if all your deadlines are on track… then stress levels can rise off the charts. BrokerEngine takes care of the details so you can feel confident your practice is on track.
- Fewer “dropped balls”: when you drop the ball and a client is inconvenienced, you not only lose a referral source, but you potentially create a “Detractor” who will actively bad-mouth you to their friends. When you don’t drop the ball, Detractors are practically eliminated and referral sources increase.
- Improved sales conversion: how you conduct your sales process has a BIG influence on sales results. With BrokerEngine, best practices in sales are baked into the processes.
- Instant access to key metrics: “What you measure improves” is a common saying in business. Simply knowing how you’re travelling in real time gives you info you need to get closer to your goals. Every BrokerEngine user has access to metrics that tell you how you’re going (and what you need to focus on next to move the needle).
- Ability to hire, train and retain: good team members are hard to find. And when your systems are highly manual, you need a needle-in-a-haystack loan processor with an eagle eye for detail and a ferocious work ethic. While such people do exist, they can be notoriously hard to find. BrokerEngine gives every team member a clear system and process to follow that makes them more productive in less time.
We could go on. The bottom line is that BrokerEngine is designed to deliver tremendous value, many multiples of the investment. If you’re R.O.I. is lower than 10X, we would suggest something is going wrong and we would encourage you to contact our Customer Success team to resolve the issue.
Q: Does BrokerEngine integrate with any other software products?
Yes. We have a growing number of integrations that include AFG FLEX, Connective Mercury, illion BankStatements, CashDeck, DocuSign, Quickli, Zapier and more. We’re always working on building new integrations to enhance the power of BrokerEngine.
Q: How much does BrokerEngine cost?
BrokerEngine is priced on a per-user basis. There is no software to install or expensive up-front investments to make, because we are a cloud-based, Software-as-a-Service model (SaaS).
We have 2 user types – Broker Users and Support Users.
Broker Users cost $149 + GST per month and Loan Processor Users cost $99 + GST per month.
Many of our users also choose to upgrade to an Annual prepaid subscription and get 2 months free per user per year.
Further details are available on our Pricing page.
Q: Do you offer any guarantees?
Yes! The most generous in the industry. Use the software for 90 days. If you don’t experienced an improved ROI in your business (or are unhappy for any other reason), simply let us know and we’ll issue you with a 100% refund of all fees paid to date.
Q: Do you offer a free trial?
No, we don’t offer a free trial, but we do offer a Free Demo. And we also offer an Unconditional 90-day Money Back Guarantee.
Q: Who owns my data?
You own all your data, we own the software. If at any time in future you wish to cancel our service, we will provide you with a full export of all your data in our system. Once you have confirmed receipt, we’ll delete your data from our system.
Q: How do I cancel my subscription?
If you wish to cancel, just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call. We’ll take care of the rest.
Q: If I cancel my subscription, will I lose my data?
If you decide to cancel, we will immediately stop billing you at the end of the current billing period.
And we’ll also export all your deals and data and provide them to you for your records.
Q: How long are your contracts?
We don’t have fixed-term contracts. Users either pay on a month-by-month basis, or you can choose an annual subscription and get a larger discount.
Q: Do I have to pay for updates?
No, all updates are rolled out at no additional cost.
Q: Do I have to install anything?
No, BrokerEngine works via your browser on PC or Mac, on any desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
Q: What is your stance on data security?
We take security very seriously. BrokerEngine is built on Sydney-based AWS hosting infrastructure, with 24 x 7 x 365 server administration and support. We incorporate a range of best practice security features, including but not limited to:
- Mandatory 2-Factor Authentication
- All data encrypted in transit and at rest
- AWS Guard Duty software to detect and notify threats in advance
- Web Application Firewall (WAF) software to help protect against common exploits, compromises and vulnerabilities
- Regular 3rd party code reviews and penetration testing
Q: What onboarding assistance do you offer?
Every new user group goes through our Kickstart Program, which includes data import, onboarding, training and support. Word on the street is that our Customer Success Team is the best in the business, with an average response time of under 10 minutes.
We also offer a very comprehensive Knowledge Base and Learning Management System to help you master the software.
Q: Does BrokerEngine replace my aggregator?
No. BrokerEngine is not an aggregator and it’s not intended to replace your aggregator. BrokerEngine is a software “layer” that sits alongside your aggregator software and gives it superpowers.
For this reason, BrokerEngine can be used alongside any aggregator in the country.