Mortgage broker productivity is all about achieving more results in fewer hours. The following list of mortgage broker tools, software and apps has been curated by experienced brokers. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of productivity tools, but rather selection of the best apps used in the residential mortgage lending industry.
Document Collection & Management Tools
- FileInvite – for requesting documents from clients. Includes reminders and templates, all synced with cloud storage.
- Ezidox – collect documents from clients for sending to lenders or aggregators.
- Bank Statements – a secure, easy way to retrieve bank statement data in seconds, solving a common pain point.
- CashDeck – another popular choice for helping clients provide you with their bank statements instantly, including statement and expense analysis.
- Scanbot – one of the best mobile apps that functions as a fully functional scanner
- Evernote – a popular choice for capturing, organising and sharing notes across devices
Document Storage Apps
- Dropbox – the original cloud storage app that just works.
- Google Drive – if the Google ecosystem is your thing, Google Drive is an excellent cloud storage solution.
- OneDrive – alternatively, if you’re embedded into the Microsoft ecosystem, OneDrive is another popular choice.
- Box.com – cloud storage with high storage capacity per dollar.
- 10bii Financial Calculator – a powerful financial calculator that allows you to easily calculate loan payments, interest rates, accelerated repayments, time value of money and more.
- TapeACall (iPhone) or ACR (Android) – simple call recording software that can convert phone calls to MP3 files for easy note taking and/or delegation. Let the other party know you’re recording first!
- UploadCam – a useful tool for photographing paper receipts for fuel, travel or incidentals and uploading them automatically to Dropbox or Google Drive.
PDF Editing Tools
- Nitro PDF – a popular tool for editing PDF documents, redacting tax file numbers (TFNs) and more
- PDF Filler – another full-featured PDF editor used by many brokers.
Email Productivity Apps
- SaneBox – a suite of tools for managing email overload and keeping your inbox sane.
- The Email Game – a free tool that turns clearing your inbox into a game – really!
- Black Pearl Mail – a simple way to manage, test and track email signatures across your whole broker group.
- Simply File – for Outlook users, a better way to file emails with one click.
Computer Productivity Tools
- Jumpcut (Mac) or Ditto Clipboard Manager (PC) – “clipboard buffering” applications that provide access to text that you’ve cut or copied, even if you’ve subsequently cut or copied something else.
- Text Expander (Mac) or Phrase Express (PC) – universal text snippet managers that allow you to insert commonly used text into any program using shortcuts.
- Backblaze – unlimited, low cost cloud backup of the entire contents of your computer.
- Lastpass – a password manager that allows you to use one master password to manage every other password. Also enables secure password sharing with other team members.
- RescueTime – where are you really spending your time? RescueTime is a lightweight app that helps you understand your daily habits so you can focus and be more productive.
Focus & Concentration
- focus@will – scientifically optimised music to help you focus
- Momentum – a simple Chrome plugin that converts your home tab into a productivity oasis.
Calendar Management Apps
- Calend.ly – allows prospects and clients to schedule a meeting time without endless email tag.
- Schedule Once – another calendar booking app with robust customisation features to accommodate almost any booking scenario.
Video Conferencing / Collaboration Software
- Zoom – one of the best mortgage broker tools that enables face-to-face meetings with clients, without leaving your desk.
- Join.me – a simpler alternative to Zoom, usable by clients with no software to download
- Jing – a free, lightweight program for Mac or PC that allows you to record your screen for up to 5 minutes. Great for quick document walkthroughs or other queries.
- Screenflow (Mac) or Camtasia (PC) – desktop video recording software for recordings of any duration
What have we missed? Let us know any tools you can’t live without in the comments…There is no popup with a slug "online-workshop" in the theme settings