Mortgage broker productivity is all about achieving more results in less time. The following list of mortgage broker tools, software and apps has been curated by experienced brokers.
For this updated edition, we’ve gone deeper than ever before to highlight the most useful tools and apps used in the industry. (However, we haven’t included mortgage aggregator software in our analysis.)
Workflow Management & CRM
- BrokerEngine – (OK, we’re biased but…) BrokerEngine is mortgage-broker specific workflow and automation software, designed to help high-volume brokers deliver a smooth and seamless customer experience at scale.
- Trello / Pipedrive / Asana – generic workflow management apps that are also used by some mortgage brokers to keep track of leads, sales pipelines and stages.
Bank Statement Retrieval & Expense Analysis
- Bank Statements – a secure, easy way to retrieve bank statement data in seconds, solving a common pain point.
- CashDeck – another popular choice for helping clients provide you with their bank statements instantly, including statement and expense analysis.
- Relie – a newer entrant to the bank statement retrieval and expense analysis space.
- Dropbox – the original cloud storage app that just works, with excellent cross-device syncing capabilities.
- Google Drive – if the Google ecosystem is your thing, Google Drive is an excellent cloud storage solution.
- OneDrive – alternatively, if you’re embedded into the Microsoft ecosystem, OneDrive is a popular choice.
- Box.com – cloud storage with high storage capacity per dollar.
Document Collection & Management
- FinanceVault – a mortgage broker specific fact find and document collection tool that is included in the BrokerEngine suite. Includes 2-Factor Authentication, TFN redaction, auto file renaming, Missing Information Request management and more.
- FileInvite – for requesting documents from clients. Includes reminders and templates, all synced with cloud storage.
- Ezidox – collect documents from clients for sending to lenders or aggregators.
- BrokerPad – a broker-specific fact find and document collection platform.
PDF File Management
- Adobe Acrobat Pro – the original PDF manager. Full featured, with a price tag to match.
- Nitro PDF (PC) – a popular tool for editing PDF documents, redacting tax file numbers (TFNs) and more
- PDF Expert (Mac) – the fast, robust and beautiful PDF editor for Mac.
- PDF Sam (PC) – an honourable mention goes to PDF Sam, with quite a capable free edition.
- SwiftScan – a fully functional document scanner that runs off your mobile or tablet device.
- Jumpcut (Mac) or Ditto Clipboard Manager (PC) – “clipboard buffering” applications that provide access to multiple snippets of recently copied text.
- Text Expander (Mac) or Phrase Express (PC) – text snippet managers that allow you to insert commonly used text into any program using shortcuts.
- Backblaze – unlimited, low cost cloud backup of the entire contents of your computer.
- Lastpass or 1Password – password management apps that allow you to use one master password to manage every other password, while enabling secure password sharing with other team members. These are essential mortgage broker tools for today’s cloud-based app ecosystem.
- Alfred (Mac) – an advanced search and automation app for Mac that replaces multiple productivity tools in one.
- Hazel (Mac) – file storage and automation that can file, rename, clean up and more.
- Rename Master (PC) – simple freeware app that allows you to rename large numbers of files easily.
- Timely by Memory – automated time tracking software to help analyse exactly where you’re spending your time (subscription based).
- Timing App (Mac) – the original time tracking app for Mac with a heap of power and customisation potential (one time purchase).
- Rebrandly – a simple online tool for creating shortened URLs and branded links for emails, documents and social media (we use brok.io, redirecting to https://brokerengine.com.au).
- Snagit – a super-handy app for creating and marking up screenshots on either PC or Mac.
- Docusign – the original e-signature service, that is also approved by the largest number of lenders.
- SignNow – a lower-cost e-signature alternative.
- HelloSign – a capable e-signature platform with a large user base and strong integration features.
- Superhuman – a weapons-grade email client for Google Workspace (formerly GSuite) users who are dealing with serious email volume.
- SaneBox – a suite of tools for managing email overload and keeping your inbox sane.
- Black Pearl Mail (Outlook) – a simple way to manage, test and track email signatures across your whole broker group.
- Simply File (Outlook) – for Outlook users, a better way to file emails and collaborate with other team members inside your inbox.
- Front – not email exactly, but a customer communication platform that allows multiple team members to collaborate with email, messaging and apps.
Focus & Concentration
- focus@will – scientifically optimised music to help you focus.
- Momentum – a simple Chrome plugin that transforms your home tab into a productivity oasis.
- Facebook Newsfeed Eliminator – a handy Chrome plugin that prevents you being dragged into your Facebook Feed, while letting you navigate where you want to go (e.g. Groups. Join our free Powering Broker Growth Facebook Group if you’re not already a member).
- Calendly – allows prospects and clients to schedule meetings without endless email tag.
- Schedule Once – another calendar booking app with robust customisation features to accommodate almost any booking scenario.
Video Conferencing / Collaboration
- Loom – this is one of our favourite mortgage broker tools of all time. Loom allows you to create screen capture or live videos on the fly for a host of use cases (responding to sales leads, team feedback, capturing systems etc.)
- Zoom – one of the best video conferencing tools that enables face-to-face meetings with clients, without leaving your desk.
- Screenflow (Mac) or Camtasia (PC) – desktop video recording software for longer or more complicated video recordings of any duration.